The beautiful blue oil ‘Blue Tansy’ certainly makes an eye-catching statement and it’s a powerhouse with it’s healing and soothing properties.
What is it?Blue Tansy essential oil gets part of its name from its vivid and distinctive shade of blue which comes from its azulene content. The flowering plant related to the daisy which is a native of various parts of Europe and is also known by its scientific name’ Tanacetum Annuum’. Tanacetum Annuum contains high amounts of chamazulene making the oil dark blue in colour and has no thujone (which is a toxic compound). It has therapeutic properties very similar to German chamomile and a warm, sweet fragrance, making it very popular in aromatherapy!
Skincare BenefitsHere’s some of the wonderful skincare benefits:
- Blue Tansy has powerful aromatic properties, smelling calming and relaxing, with a scent like a sweet fruit, with a hint of herbal notes.
- This body oil is fantastic due to its anti-inflammatory properties, particularly because of the level of Azulene in the oil. It’s often used to treating acne and other skin irritations and reactions. It also helps to soothe puffy, tired eyes.
- It contains the components sabinene and camphor that contribute to its antifungal activity, aiding to soothe itchy skin.
Therapeutic BenefitsThe herb itself is very poisonous when consumed. However, it has been proven to be great when used topically and blended in diffusers as it:
- Promotes relaxation: the scent is very soothing. It contains elements of linalool, carvone, and carvacrol that can help calm anxiety symptoms.
- Chamazulene, the natural component is responsible for much of the oil’s therapeutic benefits, to calm and relax the senses.
- It’s a natural antihistamine – supporting a healthy respiratory system during times of high seasonal pollen. It also contains camphor, a compound used in many commercial chest rubs designed to relieve congestion so can help when you’re feeling congested!
- It has a cooling effect, so can help soothe inflammation